If you are looking for an inclusive, dynamic, and safe school environment that will inspire your child to foster enthusiasm for learning, the American Community School is your choice in Amman.
ACS has an impressive history of providing high-quality education to Jordanian and expatriate students. The foundation of our Mission - Compassion, Respect, Integrity, and Intellectual Growth - is at the core of all we do. ACS develops confident students, promotes individuality, and celebrates diversity.
What we offer to our community:
- A rigorous, internationally-enriched, American-based curriculum that serves our diverse student body.
- A curriculum that is accredited by the Middle States Association and pursues their Gold Standard protocol - Excellence by Design. This external accreditation ensures the highest level of quality education.
- Experienced, well-trained and certified teachers - over 75% of our teachers hold a Master’s Degree in Education.
- A nurturing and caring classroom environment that sets high expectations for academic performance and social behavior.
- A student body that is a mosaic of over 40 nationalities, who learn daily about each other’s cultures and traditions.
- A relevant and meaningful learning experience that promotes curiosity, critical thinking, collaboration, self-management, and effective communication.
- A holistic view of learning that fosters each student’s talents, skills, interests, and passions.
- A strong sense of community service - our students regularly participate in programs supporting the underprivileged in our community.
- A Wellness Program that creates opportunities for our community to work hand-in-hand to set healthy goals and develop healthy habits.
What we offer to our students:
- Students are prepared to be global, well-rounded individuals that offer an array of skills and knowledge in both academic and non-academic areas that fulfill the requirements of top universities in the US and around the world.
- Student progress is constantly monitored using a variety of internal and external assessments. Based on this information, instruction may be altered.
- Our Arabic Language Program was developed using international standards of achievement so that our students can communicate fluently.
- We offer Arabic, French, and Spanish language programs for both beginners and native speakers starting in middle school.
- Our students are expected to take on leadership roles and become comfortable speaking publicly.
- We ensure the safety of our students by holding regular safety and security drills. Our Health Center takes a proactive approach in educating our students on safety and personal security, both on and off campus.
- Our students take great pride in representing our school at local, regional, and other international settings – in sports, fine and performing arts, forensics, Model United Nations, and community service.
What we offer to our teachers:
- Our teachers enhance every aspect of student learning through a variety of teaching and assessment practices.
- Our teachers differentiate their instruction to support a range of learning styles and needs.
- We make sure our teachers remain up-to-date with best practices by expecting and promoting regular professional development, ensuring our classrooms are engaging, interactive, and irresistible.
What we offer to the parents:
- Our Parent-Teacher Group (PTG) takes an active role in helping new families make connections and settle in, ensuring a positive transition to ACS.
- Parents receive regular and ongoing communication from the school in the form of academic progress reports for their children, weekly updates on school events, and regularly scheduled “Coffee and Chats” as well as “Open Community Forums” hosted by the Superintendent.
- Parents are our most valuable partners and are always welcome to visit school and share in the joy of watching their children learn.
- Parents are able to support their children’s learning through various web-based online tools such as PowerSchool, Google Classroom, and Naviance.
- Our community is keenly aware of our environmental responsibilities and ecological footprint and takes steps to recycle, save energy, and keep our local environment clean.