If you are looking for an inclusive, dynamic, and safe school environment that will inspire your child to foster enthusiasm for learning, the American Community School is your choice in Amman.
ACS has an impressive history of providing high-quality education to Jordanian and expatriate students. The foundation of our Mission - Compassion, Respect, Integrity, and Intellectual Growth - is at the core of all we do. ACS develops confident students, promotes individuality, and celebrates diversity.
What we offer to our students:
- Students are prepared to be global, well-rounded individuals that offer an array of skills and knowledge in both academic and non-academic areas that fulfill the requirements of top universities in the US and around the world.
- Student progress is constantly monitored using a variety of internal and external assessments. Based on this information, instruction may be altered.
- Our Arabic Language Program was developed using international standards of achievement so that our students can communicate fluently.
- We offer Arabic, French, and Spanish language programs for both beginners and native speakers starting in middle school.
- Our students are expected to take on leadership roles and become comfortable speaking publicly.
- We ensure the safety of our students by holding regular safety and security drills. Our Health Center takes a proactive approach in educating our students on safety and personal security, both on and off campus.
- Our students take great pride in representing our school at local, regional, and other international settings – in sports, fine and performing arts, forensics, Model United Nations, and community service.