There are two fundamental questions asked when considering admissions of applicants to the American Community School:
- Do we believe they will be successful at ACS?
- If they have any special needs, can ACS adequately and appropriately support these needs?
When reviewing for the admission of an applicant, we seek to create a comprehensive profile while considering the admissions criteria:
- What is the profile of the school the applicant is attending
- Reports from schools attended
- Recommendations from the school (online recommendation via SchoolRecs)
- MAP testing results (other standardized assessments may also be reviewed), if appropriate
- Writing sample
- Language proficiency
- Interview with the applicant
- Student Support screening
- Age of the applicant
- Credits to meet the ACS graduation requirements? (High School applicants only)