Dear ACS community Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!
We are excited about seeing you back on campus and we have been busy preparing for our first day of classes on Sunday, September 2. We will welcome our Early Years students a few days later. A special warm welcome to new families joining ACS this year.
Our building staff have been busy monitoring renovations and construction over the summer. Upon your return you will see:
- Upgraded cafeteria. The space has more than doubled in size
- A large purpose-built Early Years classroom.
- New outdoor amphitheater space. The amphitheater replaces the steps area that, while serving the school well, had become an eyesore. This new and improved space will be great for our community to engage in conversations, display their oratory skills, and to simply sit and relax.
- Solar panels over the parking lot. In addition to reducing the school’s expenses, the solar panels will also provide some shade during the hot months. Every effort has been made to save each parking space. More information about parking will be coming a day or two before school starts.
- A new kiln for the Art Department. In our continued effort to expand our Arts program, the new kiln will provide added opportunities for our students.
- Expansion of middle school space. We have now allocated the entire 4th floor to our middle school program.
- Enhancement of the high school Chemistry and Physics spaces.
We look forward to an active and productive year and continue to appreciate and value the strong sense of community at ACS and your support as we work in partnership on behalf of your children. Please visit the following photo gallery for more photos of the campus improvements: Summer 2018 Campus Upgrades.