We are excited that you are considering the American Community School of Amman for your next working and learning experience.
ACS seeks to employ and retain outstanding educators who are committed to each student’s success. A successful candidate will:
- Have varied and diverse teaching experiences and background.
- Demonstrate successful collaboration with colleagues.
- Foster communication.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be committed to their own professional growth and development and actively seek to share their expertise with others.
- Be committed to and enthusiastic in creating a climate and expectation for learning that is supported in a nurturing environment.
- Have an interest and ability to use and interpret data to inform instruction.
- Be able to effectively assess student learning using a range of assessment strategies.
- Our 750+ student school offers great opportunities for positive and committed international educators who seek professional satisfaction in a dynamic, growing, and stimulating environment. ACS also looks for energetic and dedicated local prospective employees who may apply as teachers or support staff.
If you are interested in being part of our learning community as a teacher and if you:
- are a certified teacher with at least two years of teaching experience
- believe in and are committed to a learner centered pedagogy and a constructivist classroom
- can differentiate for a range of learners
- are creative, flexible, and enthusiastic
- can work well with a diverse student body and faculty
- are willing to contribute to the community and the life of the school
- are willing to bring positive energy, expertise, and ideas
- want to work in a Mission driven school