Substitute Teaching Information
Thank you for your willingness to substitute at the American Community School. You have a crucial job in covering for the regular classroom teacher. Please complete the attached application and indicate your preferred areas and age-range for substitute teaching. Your information will be maintained in our database and you may be contacted by one of the school Principals for an interview and who will approve your addition to the substitute list.
The following information will help you understand your role and expectations. It will also help us in planning.
- Pay is 80 USD per day for certified teachers and 60 USD per day for non-certified teachers.
- Payment can be collected on the 11th of the following month from the Business Office.
- Upon substituting for four consecutive days, the rate will increase to 100 USD.
- A substitute file with the following information will be provided in each class: updated class lists, seating charts (if applicable), emergency plans, helpful hints for successful substituting, and a feedback form to leave for the classroom teacher.
What we expect from a substitute teacher?
- Follow the plans that the teacher has set. If for some reason this is not possible please leave an explanation for the teacher.
- Implement good classroom management skills. Remember, you are the teacher and you need to take control and effectively manage the behavior of the students.
- Provide a summary of your day to the teacher. This should include what was accomplished, what was not accomplished, identify any issues of concern, and a summary of the day.
Please click on the following link to apply for a Substitute Teaching Position at ACS: