Substitute Teaching Information
Thank you for your willingness to substitute at the American Community School. You have a crucial job in covering for the regular classroom teacher. Please complete the attached application and indicate your preferred areas and age-range for substitute teaching. Your information will be maintained in our database and you may be contacted by one of the school Principals for an interview and who will approve your addition to the substitute list.
The following information will help you understand your role and expectations. It will also help us in planning.
- Pay is 75 USD per day for certified teachers and 45 USD per day for non-certified teachers.
- Payment can be collected at the beginning of the next month from the Business Office.
- A substitute file with the following information will be provided in each class: updated class lists, seating charts (if applicable), emergency plans, helpful hints to successful substituting, and a feedback form to leave for the classroom teacher.
What we expect from a substitute teacher?
- Follow the plans that the teacher has set. If for some reason this is not possible please leave an explanation for the teacher.
- Implement good classroom management skills. Remember, you are the teacher and you need to take control and effectively manage the behavior of the students.
- Provide a summary of your day to the teacher. This should include what was accomplished, what was not accomplished, identify any issues of concern, and a summary of the day.
Please click on the following link to apply for a Substitute Teaching Position at ACS: