High School Profile 2020/2021
Due to Covid-19, ACS went fully online from March 22 until the end of the second semester. Teachers took attendance, taught lessons virtually, assigned homework and continued to assess students. A-F grades were still awarded and a GPA was calculated as usual.
- 809 Total Students
- 224 HS students
- 50 students Class of 2021
- 48 nationalities
- Rotating 75-minute block schedule
- English is language of instruction
- Semester class = 0.5 Carnegie units
- Standards based grading
- Non-selective enrollment
- No ranking due to transient nature of population.
- All recommendations are confidential.
- GPA is cumulative
- Only Grades 9-12 courses completed at ACS are included in GPA.
- 10th Grade Students can take AP World History or AP Computer Science Principles.
- 11th and 12th Grade students can take maximum of 3 APs.
- This year we are offering 19 AP subjects and A-level Arabic.